Thank you Albertson's...I went shopping today, minding my own business standing in line at the deli, and a store clerk started handing out samples of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. YUM! I haven't had carrot cake in a
long time and it tasted
so good, but I wasn't about to purchase the $7 pint-size cake from the store. So, I picked up the ingredients and made a carrot cake at home...which I probably should not have done, since last week we ate wedding cake (or at least "tasted" it), leftover birthday cupcakes from school, and Bennett's birthday cake. MAN! Good thing we don't usually have this kind of food in the house, or we'd be in trouble! I messed up on the decorations, so Bennett and I decided to turn it into a carrot family!
The carrot family.

Bennett and the cake.

I can't have a post without a picture of Bennett and Liam!

Blue eyes!

He's getting
so close to crawling! He can also now push himself
back to the sitting position when he is scooting on the floor.
At work we celebrate everyone in City Hall's birthday. So, my turn was to make a cake in March. The lady's favorite cake was a carrot cake so i made one from scratch, complete with cream cheese frosting. (Kurt shredded the carrots for me.) I hadn't had one in forever either, but, it turned out FABULOUS. I seem to remember that dad used to get a carrot cake for his birthday and we didn't like it much. Your carrot family is just adorable and i'm not sure how you 'messed' up, everything looks perfect!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lisa...the cake looked perfect! Honestly, it made me want to put a little carrot family on a cake of my own! It was way cute...and so are your boys!
ReplyDelete