Today, Matt and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. We had a pretty low-key weekend...watched Bennett's soccer game with Mom and Dad, went out to dinner, and cut into the top tier of our wedding cake. I was a little nervous about the cake; we had to drive it back from San Luis and the ice it was sitting on melted and soaked the bottom of the cake. Overall the cake was pretty good, but the frosting was not quite the right consistency or flavor (of course Bennett thought it was delicious!). Still, it was a fun walk down memory lane!
Cake BEFORE...so pretty...

Cake AFTER...it has definitely seen better days...

The look of anticipation...

Bennett said, "I like wedding cake!!"

CAKE!

I guess neither of us can pose for a serious picture...
OMG - I think I have an almost identical picture of me eating our wedding cake on our first anniversary. Too funny!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again on one year of marriage and many more to come!
Love, Erin
Congrats, katie and matt! you are braver than i. i don't believe i even ate any of my wedding topper. but i think i have a picture of erin eating it! Nor, do i think we did it on our wedding anniversary since the cake was in ridgecrest... yeah, we suck.
ReplyDelete