Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bennett Starts Soccer

Bennett had his first soccer game this morning. His team is called the Bulldogs (which he was quite excited about). He is in the 5-6 year old league, and it is very easy to tell which kids have played before. Bennett did very well for his first game - not too much standing and watching the butterflies. There was one little boy who sat down in the middle of the game and decided to watch from the center of the field! They were all so cute to watch! Bennett kicked the ball a few times, and ran around a lot - sometimes unsure of what he was running for. It was definitely hard for him to stay focused, especially when he played a defensive position. Overall, I think he is really going to enjoy himself the next couple of weeks. Luckily, the league doesn't keep score (the opposing team scored the only two goals of the game). They just focus on teamwork and sportsmanship with the hopes of developing a positive association with sports...which is exactly what Bennett needs! We bought him a little soccer ball to practice with at home, using only feet to move a ball is something very new to him.
Bennett is excited to start the game.
Bennett warms up.Liam came to show his support...he was asleep by half time.
Dad, Rory, and Molly came, too.Bennett chases down the ball.
We were excited to find green soccer socks!I will try to post pictures of next weekend's game, too! Hopefully he will see a little more action. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have him playing soccer. What a childhood 'must do'. Keep the postings coming. I love to hear what you guys are up to. I miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete