Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

Can it be Halloween already?! Where has the year gone? This year, Bennett was quite indecisive about his Halloween costume. First, he wanted to be Spiderman or Batman, then a Transformer, then he would tell me "I don't know, I can't decide right now", then a snake, and finally a black widow. This was decided about a week and a half before Halloween. With our crazy schedule and my procrastination habits, I was working on his costume the night before his school parade. Unfortunately, I had parent-teacher conferences scheduled at Saint Ann's, so I was unable to attend. Luckily, Matt was able to be there (even though he was miserably sick), but we did not get any pictures of the big event. Needless to say, Bennett had a marvelous time and came home with a very generous amount of candy!

On Saturday, we carved pumpkins. Bennett was so much more involved this year - it was very fun! He enjoyed digging in and scooping out all the pumpkin goo, but he was over the whole pumpkin carving thing before we got to the cutting part...maybe next year. Liam was a happy spectator, although a little disappointed that he could not chew on any pumpkins.
Bennett cuts out the lid.
Happy baby!
Bennett concentrating on his pumpkin.

After the pumpkins were finished, we had a quick dinner and got ready to go trick-or-treating. Liam ended up being a pumpkin (my dreams of a little Stay Puft Marshmallow Man died when I couldn't find a white sweat suit in all of Ridgecrest). Bennett and Liam sure looked cute all dressed up together.
Pumpkin baby.
The spider's gonna get you!
I can't quite remember why Bennett felt it was
necessary to cover Liam's ears...

A friend of ours set up a haunted house a few street over, so we took Bennett and Liam over there to trick-or-treat. Bennett and Matt had a great time in the haunted house...Bennett went through so many times that he knew exactly when everyone was supposed to jump out and scare him. After trick-or-treating at a few houses, we drove over to "Grandma and Papa's". Exhausted, Liam went to sleep on Grandma's lap and I took Bennett trick-or-treating, while Matt stayed and watched the USC game. After collecting a bag full of candy, we piled the boys into the car and headed home. Luckily, we had an extra hour to sleep in the next morning! Overall, it was a very fun and busy Halloween!!
Why are we outside right now?

See the full Wadley Halloween experience at the Picasa web album. Warning: I haven't weeded through any of the blurry or "bad" pictures...

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you are just amazing with your costumes. It is so fun to watch Bennett enjoying all the 'holiday' fun. It makes it so much magical when you have a little one to help!

    ReplyDelete