Sorry I haven't written in awhile! Once my online class ended, I realized that there was little time left of summer vacation, and I hadn't spend even a single day getting my classroom ready! Matt started commuting to Bakersfield again at the end of July, giving me an excuse to start working on my room and my lesson plans (what else was I going to do since he was staying in Bakersfield four days a week!). His class ends today, and my room and plans are nearly done...and school starts on Wednesday!! I can't believe the summer is gone...
A few weeks back, Bennett finished swim lessons, and successfully made it down the water slide without any coaxing. He went so quickly that I didn't have time to take a picture! He has improved so much since last year, even Mom was surprised. His favorite part about the last day (and probably his entire swimming career) was playing with the figure eight rafts. Nearly everyday after swim lessons we had to walk by them - he wanted to play with them so badly! Here is a picture of him beaming below.

And the supportive little brother.

Bennett is also going to play soccer this year. It starts in September. I can't wait to see him run around the field!
We have had a visitor in our back yard the past few weeks, although I haven't seen him for a few days. He has been living the hole between our fence and our neighbor's.
No comments:
Post a Comment