Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mammoth 2009

Since I had an orientation for the diocese in Bakersfield on Tuesday, Bennett drove up to Mammoth on Saturday with Grandma O, JoJo, Erin, Ryan, and Baby Girl Kelly. He had a fun time picnicking at the lakes, and exploring the parks and cabin (my how he wore out those stairs!). They also made a trip to the skate park, which I guess was pretty remarkable!
Bennett and Jo at the skate park.
Erin and Baby Girl Kelly at the lake.
Liam and I drove up on Tuesday from Bakersfield, which turned out to be a pretty quick trip (Liam slept literally half the way).
Bennett was happy to see his little brother again.
Everyone else was happy to see Liam, too.
Ryan and Liam.
Liam had to get used to wearing clothes again.
We weren't as active this year, the days were pretty lazy and relaxing. It was unseasonably chilly making us all the more sluggish, but we weren't complaining. Erin, Jo, and I did the usual Color Me Mine, and we were pleased with how well everything turned out this year. I think we are finally starting to get the hang of it! Bennett, Joanna, and I road the trolley down to the "creek park" and floated tennis balls in the river. You can imagine how excited Bennett was to find the tunnels and waterfalls!
Joanna waiting for the trolley.
Bennett and the trolley.
Bennett and me on the trolley.
Bennett playing in the creek.

Dad came up bright and early Thursday morning (he greeted us with Starbucks at 7:30 am), and Matt drove up Thursday afternoon. Bennett and I took Matt on a trolley ride to the creek park and this time came equipped with paper boats (thank you Curious George). We also took to using pine cones as boats to float in the river.
Matt and Bennett in the trolley.
Bennett and his paper boat.

On Saturday, Matt, Bennett, Liam, Joanna, and I road the gondola to the top of Mammoth Mountain. We all enjoyed the ride and the view.
Bennett in the gondola.
Jo, Liam, Matt, Bennett, and me at the top of the mountain.
Me, Bennett, and Liam riding down the mountain.

Mom and Dad hiked the ridge again this year, and Matt, Bennett, Erin, Ryan, and I hiked the Panoramic Dome. It would have been a very short hike, but I somehow got a bloody nose at the top so we waited for almost 30 minutes for it to stop. Matt was generous to lend me his sock, since we only had two Kleenexes. Such a gentleman!

Overall, it was a wonderful trip. Lisa, Kurt, and Rory couldn't make it this year, and they were most definitely missed!

On the way back to Ridgecrest, we made a stop in Lone Pine to break up the trip alittle. Bennett was very excited to see another "creek park" and was overjoyed that this one had drains! Liam of course enjoyed stretching out on the grass.
Bennett checking out the tunnel.
Liam enjoying being out of the carseat.
Can't get much better than this.
Bennett agrees to stop for a picture.
Our first day back in Ridgecrest, Bennett told me that it was "too hot" in Ridgecrest and that he wanted to go back up to Mammoth. Next year Bennett!

See the complete set of Mammoth pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment